The Closer to Home Campaign for The Marshall Cancer Care Center.
Cancer care and the case for convenience in Marshall County.
The Closer To Home Paver Campaign is a great way for individuals, families, businesses and civic organizations to be an integral part of this landmark facility.
Almost every day in Marshall County, cancer hits close to home. You can help make it possible to bring the treatment close to home, too.
Many in our community have been touched by cancer and its life-altering impact – if not personally then through family, friends, and neighbors. Thanks to advances in diagnosis and treatment, we have the opportunity to dramatically improve cancer care locally with construction of the new Marshall Cancer Care Center. Patients will have access to the latest cancer technology in a close-to-home setting.
The time is right, the opportunity is here, and you can play a critical role in making the new Marshall Cancer Care Center a true foundation of a grateful community.
It’s true that cancer touches everyone in some way, but this is particularly true in Marshall County – we rank 13th out of 67 Alabama counties for annual cancer diagnoses. Unfortunately the diagnosis often means frequent road trips for treatment. And while we do have the Cancer Care Center at Marshall South, it often exceeds full capacity. In the past 8 years alone, the center has provided over 100,000 radiation and chemotherapy treatments to local cancer patients. But that number is growing, and there is a critical need to expand and enhance the cancer treatment available locally.
As Marshall County’s community-owned health system, Marshall Medical has the unique opportunity to bring leading-edge cancer treatments closer to home. The new Marshall Cancer Care Center will provide the space and resources to dramatically increase the capacity and treatment options for local patient care. Centrally located adjacent to Marshall Professional Center (on Highway 431 in Guntersville), the 22,000 square-foot cancer center will allow greatly expanded care and treatment. In addition to the latest technology, services will include support groups and a nutrition center with dietary counseling – all delivered in a holistic healing environment in an uplifting setting.
Key Benefits To The Community.
The highest level and quality of cancer care treatment for all residents of Marshall County and the surrounding area.
- More timely access to a broader base of cancer care treatment options in a more visible and accessible location.
- Enhanced privacy, confidentiality, comfort and a wide range of support services for cancer patients and their families.
- An environment of care in which physicians and staff function in an efficient, effective manner.
- The ability to recruit and retain highly skilled, expertly trained physicians and staff.
- Affiliation with a leading cancer care network which provides access to the highest levels of leading-edge, state-of-the-art technology.
- A level of healthcare philanthropy essential to a growing community healthcare system.