Enriched by breathtaking natural beauty, this North Alabama mountain-lakes community offers a picture-perfect location with excellent quality of life.
Nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in northeastern Alabama, Marshall County offers a range of recreation options that is almost limitless. From hiking to biking, from birding to bass fishing, Marshall County and Lake Guntersville provide a scenic backdrop that enhances every pursuit. Excellent golf courses are available, and a strong local arts community offers everything from a fine arts focus to numerous music and theatre opportunities.
Marshall County offers the best of both worlds — an inviting small-town atmosphere with easy access to major metro areas including Huntsville and Birmingham. In addition to recreation and social activities, the combination of excellent schools, shopping and dining provides a superb quality of life. When you factor in a cost of living well below the national average, the Marshall County lifestyle means more in every way.
Live and work where others vacation – Marshall County, Alabama.
- Enjoy safe, family-oriented small-town amenities, with easy 30-minute drive to metro areas.
- Miles of beautiful water – 68,000-acre Lake Guntersville on the Tennessee River is rated number 2 top bass fishing lake in the country.
- Excellent waters for rowing, wakeboarding and water skiing – ideal for sailboats and yachts.
- An outdoor lover’s paradise whether it’s golfing, hiking, sailing, boating, hunting, fishing, birding or just enjoying nature.
- Quality game and waterfowl hunting.
- Numerous 18-hole golf courses in the vicinity.
- Miles of paved walking/jogging paths.
- Active youth team sports community.
- Dynamic arts community, including award-winning community theater group.
- Affordable housing options include lakeside, bluff view above the water, historical homes, new subdivisions and country estates with acreage.
- Convenient access to several commercial and international airports.
- Low property taxes and below-average cost of living.
- Excellent schools and local community college, with commutable access to universities.
- Easy access to gulf beaches.